At the Law Offices of David A. Helmer, LLC, our skilled team of dedicated, community-involved lawyers serve a diverse clientele in Summit County and throughout the mountain areas of Colorado.
Our friendly, professional staff is always prepared to confront any challenge that you may bring to us in any of our chosen practice areas: family law and divorce, real estate, business law, wills/probate, business litigation and criminal defense.
The firm's keen commitment to clients and community began in the mid-1970s, when founding attorney David A. Helmer established our law offices. Since that time, Mr. Helmer has earned numerous honors, including an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell and a listing in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Colorado.
Attorney Natalie French has more than a decade of successful practice to commend her, as well as extensive litigation experience. Associate Alex Marsh applies strong educational credentials and unique skills to address our clients' legal concerns especially in the criminal area.
Law Offices Of David A. Helmer, LLC - Experience, Knowledge, Determination Working For You
Are you seeking sound legal advice with a business startup, criminal matter or does a conflicted divorce loom on the horizon?
Our respected business, divorce, criminal law firm focuses all initial consultations on your case and your needs. To arrange this critical first meeting, to candidly discuss your issues, contact us in Frisco, Colorado, by phone or by email message. A free consultation may be appropriate.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Criminal Defense
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Business Operations
- Colorado, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1973
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Colorado, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1973
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder, Colorado
- J.D. - 1973
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- B.A. - 1968
- Case Notes University of Colorado Law Review, 1972
Honors and Awards
- Associate Editor, University of Colorado Law Review, 1972-1973
- AV Rating - Martindale Hubbell
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Town of Dillon, Colorado, Municipal Judge, 1982 to 2014
- Town of Silverthorne, Colorado, Municipal Judge, 1982 to 2014
- Dillon Yacht Club, 1984
- Summit County United Way, 1983 to 1988
- Z-Comm Corporation, 1985 to 1988
- Chairman, Summit County Republican Party, 1983 to 1990
- American Bar Association, 1973 to Present
- Colorado Bar Association, 1973 to Present
- Continental Divide Bar Association, 1976 to Present
- Snake River Water District, President and CEO, 1998 to Present
- Advocates for Victims of Assault, Founder
- Family Intercultural Resource Center, Founder
- Summit Prevention Alliance, Founder
- Community Board of Directors, Wells Fargo Bank, Mountain Area, Past Member
- Phi Gamma Delta